Let’s get to thinking about ideas for wedding exits! Most couples celebrate their exit by having their guests toss bird seeds, bubbles, confetti, etc. All of these make the newly weds’ exit extra fun, but only some are easy to clean up. Normally, I would say… Who cares if it makes a mess? Go all out its your wedding day! However, your venue might not feel the same way.
Here are some issues that venues have with exit celebrations:
- Certain seeds cause weeds to grow
- Sparklers are fire hazards
- Confetti is difficult to pick up
Some venues may have mere suggestions for exiting celebrations while others have strict rules. If you happen to be experiencing a venue with many rules, don’t worry. Here are some options to consider:
- Bubbles- easy and can be used as leftovers to entertain the kids!
- Biodegradable confetti- takes just as great pictures as any other confetti but skips the hassle of cleaning up.
- Flower petals- classic and don’t harm the environment!
- Herbs (lavender, sage, thyme, etc.) – eco-friendly and smell amazing.
The picture below is from a wedding that I helped plan in the Summer of 2015. This couple is exiting with rose petals tossed in the air! I love the contrast of color against the grass, don’t you agree?
Credits to Jenna Laine
What would you have your guests toss for your exit?
Let me know in the comments!
Last updated on January 4, 2016 at 4:06 pm